July Favourites

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Seriously where is the year going? We are over the halfway mark now and here are my favourites for the month of July.

M.A.C face and body foundation. MAC face and body foundation.

M.A.C Face and Body
I've been really loving the minimal makeup look without that heavy foundation feeling. I have tried so many products in the last few months in the hunt for my HG "minimal makeup foundation" (many of which have been fantastic) but I found myself gravitating back towards good ol' trust M.A.C. I find that this foundation is a little too dewy for me during the more humid months of the year but during winter when my skin is a little more drier and manageable on the shine front, this foundation has been fantastic! It is quite a runny fluid foundation and find that when I apply it with a brush it tends to get absorbed quite a bit into the brush itself. So, I work this product into my skin with just my fingers and it works beautifully into the skin. Because my skin is behaving itself for the most part, I don't need to apply too much and find that the foundation gives me a great amount of wear during the day (I have worn it for 8hrs+ and it's worked well with a primer underneath). It is also extremely travel friendly and ended up in my travel makeup bag when I went away this month on a weekend trip.

MAC cremeblend blush. M.A.C cremeblend blush

MA.C Cremeblend blusher in Ladyblush
I love a good cream blusher in the cooler months to add a bit more dewiness to my complexion and this month I have been loving Ladyblush by MA.C. Having tried quite a few brands I like the formula of M.A.C cream blushers the best. Other brands tend to be a give me too much of an oily appearance and I think the more oily formula also means less wear time. Ladyblush is a nice peachy blush with a soft pink undertone, I like to apply it using the real techniques duo fibre face brush for that natural looking application.

Kikki K journal. 365 days

Kikki.K 365 day journal
For as long as I remember I have kept a journal of sorts and while I don't tend to write every single day, I have been getting quite a few pages down this month in this Kikki.K 365 day journal. I have always loved the Swedish inspired stationery and it makes writing so much more enjoyable. I tend to write before going to bed each night just as part of my winding down routine.

Alex Monroe bumblebee in small.

Alex Monroe Bumblebee necklace
I love a pretty dainty piece of gold jewellery and tend to stick to the one piece never taking it off till it's all tarnished and scratched up from wear. I eyed this little number a few months ago and I finally decided to treat myself this month. This is the bumblebee in small and I love it! it will definitely be getting quite a bit of wear in the coming months. 

Not that much to report on this month as I spent most of this month at home recovering from minor surgery (definitely giving Netflix a workout!). What are your favourites this month?

Links!
M.A.C Face and Body Foundation
M.A.C Cremeblend Blush
Kikki K Stationery
Alex Monroe Jewellery

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments. R.Gxo

 
site design by designer blogs