The Nude Lip

Saturday, July 11, 2015

What better way to start this blog off than with a post about lipsticks. I remember when I was younger and just getting myself into makeup I was in absolute awe over M.A.C lipsticks. They were so luxe and there was something so badass about the tampon like packaging. At present I own 17 different shades, and I have to admit to myself this is probably more due to an obsession with buying makeup than actually wearing makeup. Nonetheless I have recently discovered a new love, one which I have been gravitating towards for the past few months and has been a staple in my makeup bag. It is my perfect nude. You know that "your lips but better" look.

The perfect winter nude combination.

I was introduced to Modesty by the lovely lady at the M.A.C store whilst I was actually looking for another shade. And boy am I glad she did! Modesty is a pinky nude colour, which would probably compliment many skin tones. I have light/medium skin with yellow undertones and most nude lip colours tend to wash me out. Modesty provides a lovely pop of pink to the lips for everyday wear whilst providing a lovely neutral put together and sophisticated look for the evening (think bold eyes). It is a part of the cremesheen range and as such feels very moisturising on the lips. For a little more of a glossy look I pop a little bit of Lanolips lip ointment in the shade Rose on top. Seeing as it is currently winter here in the southern hemisphere, the lanolin helps keep the lips moisturised.

I highly recommend checking this shade out the next time you are perusing the M.A.C counter, you won't be disappointed!

Links!
M.A.C Modesty 
Lanolips SPF 15 lip ointment
Witchery Pouch Set


Follow

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely shade! I don't own any Mac lipsticks and I think I need to fix that!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely worth the investment! xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thankyou! I can't get enough of it xo

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love nude lips too! My favorite one right now is YSL Kiss and Blush #3

    Lenny C | chenglenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful colour that YSL number is. Gone are the days when Lindsay Lohan first brought out the flesh nude look! xo

      Delete

Thanks for the comments. R.Gxo

 
site design by designer blogs