Current Favourite Lip and Cheek Combo

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Estee Lauder Pure Envy lipstick in Carnal. Can't get your hands on the Kendell Jenner shade? this is almost the exact colour.

When Kendall Jenner collaborated with Estee Lauder and came out with a lipstick I was a bit late on the bandwagon and missed out. After having seen the lippie pop up on a few blogs, I knew I had to find myself that perfect orange red lipstick if, not only to add to my ever growing lipstick collection but to remind myself that the warmer months are coming (Antarctic vortex anyone?). I popped into my local Estee Lauder counter and enquired about a similar colour, because lets face it, the Kendall Jenner shade is not one that is new. The result was Carnal in the pure colour envy range. It is an absolutely beautiful orange-red shade which exudes 1960s elegance (think Madmen) and brings about a certain nostalgia of a time when I was little and used to play (draw) with mum's lipstick. Does it seem like every mother out there had a shade like this? It wears beautifully on the lips being very moisturising and highly pigmented. I found that I didn't really need to wear a lip liner with this and it applied beautifully on the lips without pulling. I also managed to get quite a long wear out of it before having to reapply, and the colour faded without any feathering. If you do find a problem with feathering lipsticks then try Urban Decay's glide on lip pencil in clear.

Benefit blush in coralista. Beautiful peachy blush with a shimmery highlight

MAC springsheen and benefit coralista. Beautiful peachy coloured blushes with shimmery highlights for that gorgeous pop of summer colour on the cheeks.

I am an absolute fiend when it comes to buying blushes and I have to confess like any makeup addict out there I own way too many than needed. As my mum always tells me, you do only have one face after all. Whenever I wear a orange-red lipstick I tend to gravitate towards more peachy tone blushers. Two of my favourite which compliment Carnal are Benefit'ss Coralista and M.A.C's Springsheen. Both are oldies but goodies. They are on the shimmery side and I find therefore don't require any highlighting afterwards, they also provide this lovely dimension to my cheeks as well as the fresh pop of peachy colour.

I love these two lip and cheek combos for a simple but chic daytime wear to brunch or boutique shopping and love amping up the blusher a bit for a glam night time look.

What are you two current favourite lip and cheek combos?

Links!
Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Sculpting Lipstick
M.A.C Springsheen
Benefit Coralista 

Follow

2 comments:

  1. I love your post dear! Have a nice day:)

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments. R.Gxo

 
site design by designer blogs